- diaper cover – either buy or make one
- sewing supplies*
- 1 yard pompom trim* – I purchased mine at Joanns. They have lots and lots of different colors! There is also mini pompom trims.
- Cut the trim into three equal lengths that fits across the back of the diaper cover. Don’t worry about getting the exact measurement of the diaper cover just make sure the three pieces of trim are cut the same length.
- When cutting the trim, cut carefully between where the pompoms are connected to the trim.
- Carefully pin the trim onto the diaper cover equal distances apart. I had about an 1″ between each trim. Fold the ends under to catch the edges and enclose the raw edges.
- Sew the trim on with a straight stitch. Sew all the way around the trim on both sides in a long skinny rectangle.
Put the diaper cover on your little cutie and enjoy the adorableness. You could even mix and match patterns and colors. Wouldn’t these be a great and easy gift? I think it would be fun to make a couple in different colors and give them at a baby shower. They would be so well received and fun to show off! And nobody has to know how easy and fast this pompom diaper cover tutorial really is!
If you make something using this tutorial, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!