3. Decide how long you want the peplum to be and draw a large circle around the small circle. Mine was 6.5″ long.
4. Cut it out and then cut a line through the peplum.
5. Sew each layer back together.
6. Put the peplums right side together and sew 1/4″ around the outside edge.
7. Trim and flip inside out. Iron edges flat.
8. Divide the waist of the peplum and waist of the bloomers into four equal parts and match.
9. Baste the three edges together and finish the edges.
10. Pin the edge over 1.25″ and pin.
11. Sew at 1″ but leave 2″ open to insert the elastic. Insert the elastic and close the casing.
Now you’ve got some adorable peplum bloomers for your adorable little girl!
Can you imagine a little girl crawling around in these peplum bloomers!?
If you make something using this tutorial, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!