One of the items on the list was a sweatshirt for Henry. He’s way into wearing blue, and I had a navy blue sweatshirt I wasn’t using anymore. I didn’t make a tutorial, but here is a rundown of how I created this jacket. I cut the hood smaller, the sleeves smaller, and the front and back body smaller. I used his jacket from last year as a guide and just added a tiny bit of width and a lot of length. I reused the kangaroo pocket and just made it slightly smaller. I also unpicked the ribbing at the bottom and reused it for the band and the sleeve bands.
His light blue eyes kill me.
I spent more time sewing this jacket and topstitching the seams and finishing the edges because I wanted to make it look good. I feel like he’s reached the age where he cares more about what he wears, and I don’t want to give any reason for another child to tease him. He loves the half zipper and the “power” on his sleeve. I love that the fit is perfect. It’s too big but only slightly so it’ll last all winter and next spring. It’s big enough that he could wear a long sleeved shirt underneath and has enough length for growing room.